Charles E. Pechous DDS SC First Dental Visit
Your First Appointment | Kenosha WI
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Your consultation will help you make an informed decision about the treatment options for your dental condition, the time commitment and the financial commitment needed for each potential treatment option. Sometimes treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- If you have been advised by your physician that you require antibiotic premedication for dental treatment, please take your medication prior to your consultation appointment.
- The fee for the examination can vary depending on the your dental condition and the time needed to go through the options. In most cases the consultation fee is applied as a credit to your account when you start treatment with our office.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before you scheduled appointment to complete insurance and medical forms.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to your appointment (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, bisphosphonates(Boniva,Fosamax,etc)) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.